Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolutions for 08'

Although I normally don't make any resolutions because I almost never follow through with them, this year is going to be a little different. I have a child on the way and that means I'll need to make more money, and to make more money, I'll need more voice over gigs and a raise from my regular job as production and imaging director of two large market radio stations. How am I going to do that?. Good question!

I have to find marketing avenues that are first and foremost cheap. I have to network more with current clients that I serve. I have to make myself more visible to potential clients in all areas of my daily routines, that means when I go to the QT for a coffee, I ask the manager who to talk to at corporate. You get the idea.

So why haven't I done these things in the past? another good question, laziness I suppose, or the fact I'm already working 2 jobs and rarely get to bed before midnight. My home studio is being reworked due to the baby being on the way, which means I can only work from my employers studio's on my time not theirs.

I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just trying to motivate myself into being more pro-active in my freelance endeavors. You should too. I found some great forums to lurk in and offer advice when I can.
http://www.voice-overs.com/forums
http://www.voiceoversavvy.com
and http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Voiceovers/

You'll have to join them all but it's well worth it. You'll learn something, and perhaps be able to teach someone yourself

Here's to a prosperous 2008!

No comments: