Thursday, July 19, 2007

Finding you niche' is probably going to be hard! No, really, it's going to be the hardest thing about voice work/production. Finding out what you're good at took me 19 years,, well not that long, about 15 years actually. I always wanted to be a radio superstar.. like Lujack, or Mancow, or Dare, or Imus. But,, that never happened, and it probably never will.

So I had to find out what I was good at. Let's see, I can tell good stories, (especially to 3 and 4 year olds) with character voices and mouth made sound effects. Ok, I'll put that on my check list. Let's see what else.. hmm, ok, I have a knack for creating imaging that cuts through, with the use of sfx, drops, conversational pieces.. Ok,, that goes on it too.. but what do I do the best?

I create commercials that sell! But I didn't do that by myself, I had a little help from a creative director who writes.. OH,, you can do that too.. fan-freakin-tastic! You're well on your way to finding that niche' I've been talking about.

Marketing yourself and your niche'?

.. well, let me do some research and I'll get back to you

No comments: