Friday, August 17, 2007

Do I need an Agent?

I wondered aloud as I haven't gotten but one job from a Voices company. Over 200+ auditions and only one job. Hardly justifies what I spent to "join" this outfit. Perhaps I should get a voice coach, and pay them 150 bucks an hour in the hopes that I may or may not get a voice over gig that will help pay my mortgages. I'll explore it, but I don't have that kind of cash available, do you? Nah,, didn't think so.

So what IS the deal with agencies?,, I'm a non-union freelance voice over artist and there in lies the problem. I believe that agencies hire union talent because they can negotiate higher rates from the client and still pay the talent their scale fees. It's B.S. but that's the nature of the beast.

I'll make some inquiries into it and get back to you. In the mean time, just keep doing what you're doing.

No comments: